Friday, January 30, 2009

Recommendation

To me this was one of the best books I have read. It shows a girl battling her selfish desires but also an innocent who doesn't want to go against everything she has ever known. It would be hard to realize your whole life had been a lie, but she doesn't blindly ignore the facts when they are presented to her. Instead she accepts them and chooses to do what she can to fix the wrongs she has done. This story sends a positive message to the reader, especially teens who may struggle with wanting to give into peer pressure and be like everyone else, that you have to be your own person. You shouldn't form yourself to what others expect of you, but rather to think for yourself and develope your own character. I would recommend Uglies to all readers but especially younger teens struggling to find out who they are.

1 comment:

  1. I have to admit I skimmed your page update pages because I am going to read this book and I don't want to know too much about what happens! I am glad you liked it.

    ReplyDelete